Installer Level 4
- Job Title: Installer Level 4
- Department: Install
- Reports to: Installation Manager / Foreman
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Classification: Craft Worker
- Work Hours: 7:00am – 4:00pm with an hour lunch and over time as needed.
- Pay Scale: $ per hour
- Primary Job Function: To install heating and air conditioning systems to company standards providing the customer with a high quality experience. Supervise the work of other installers maintaining high quality and timely job performance.
- Must have all Level 1, 2, and 3 qualifications in addition to the following:
- Level 4 tools
- Pass NATE core test
- Advanced understanding of layout, design, fabrication and installation
- Proficient at residential and light commercial installations
- Advanced Safety knowledge of tools, testing devices and surroundings.
- Basic fabrication knowledge of sheet metal fittings
- Size and draw duct work correctly
- Start up and trouble shoot furnaces, air handlers, heat pumps and condensing units
- Good understanding of line and low voltage wiring, relays, transformers, wiring diagrams
- Excellent customer relations skills and an open mind to think outside of the box
- Enroll in extra training to further knowledge of the HVAC industry and management, 16 hour required
- Ability to train entry level personal
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operate company vehicle daily
- Follow instructions from supervisor and carry out in timely manner.
- Supervise and be responsible for other installers
- Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly.
- Work well with customers, co-workers and subcontractors
- Work staggered schedule if required.
- Run and work a job from start to finish
- Maintain professional relationship with builders
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Run a job without supervision
- Complete jobs within the labor budget
- Complete all necessary paperwork, job packets, change orders, time cards
- Train entry level employees
- 16 hours of job related training annually
- Other duties as assigned
Success Factors / Job Competencies:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working in tight spaces
- Ability to lift 100 lbs
- Ability to work comfortable from a ladder
- Need to be able to manipulate objects with fingers
- Exposed to the outdoor environment and extreme temperatures at times.
- Occasional high levels of dust
- Working on-site at clients home
Certain key business indicators that will measure the effectiveness of this job description. These include the following:
- Timeliness of work
- Customer satisfaction
- Level of demonstrated desire to learn
- Level to which dress code is adhered
- Properly completed paperwork
- Level to which company procedures are adhered
- Number of on time arrivals
- Ability to follow direction
- Level to which safety policy is adhered