Installer Level 5
- Job Title: Installer Level 5
- Department: Install
- Reports to: Installation Manager / Foreman
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Classification: Craft Worker
- Work Hours: 7:00am – 4:00pm with an hour lunch and over time as needed.
- Pay Scale: Pay Scale: $ per hour
- Primary Job Function: To install heating and air conditioning systems to company standards providing the customer with a high quality experience. Supervise the work of other installers maintaining high quality and timely job performance.
- Must possess all qualifications of Level 1, Level 2, Level 3and Level 4 installers in addition to the following:
- Level 5 tools
- Proficient in all HVAC functional design and installation of ductwork systems
- Proficient understanding of refrigerant, gas and electric furnaces, heat pumps, troubleshooting and installation of all residential and light commercial systems
- Able to train and supervise others
- Exceptional Safety knowledge of tools, testing devices and surroundings
- General knowledge in all HVAC low voltage systems
- Ability to consult on customer complaints and give solutions that are beneficial for customer as well as company
- Ability to supervise others
- Attend leadership training classes
- Enroll in advanced HVAC training classes, 20 hours per year
- Obtain all Installer based NATE Certifications and keep status current
- Ability to test and balance systems
- Understand and apply all codes for residential and light commercial
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operate company vehicle daily
- Follow instructions from supervisor and carry out in timely manner.
- Supervise and be responsible for other installers and multiple crews
- Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly.
- Work well with customers, co-workers and subcontractors
- Work staggered schedule if required.
- Run and work a job from start to finish
- Maintain professional relationship with builders
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Run a job without supervision
- Complete jobs within the labor budget
- Complete all necessary paperwork, job packets, change orders, time cards
- Answer questions and train all installation employees
- 20 hours of job related training annually
- Test and balance residential and light commercial HVAC systems
- Other duties as assigned
Success Factors / Job Competencies:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working in tight spaces
- Ability to lift 100 lbs
- Ability to work comfortable from a ladder
- Need to be able to manipulate objects with fingers
- Exposed to the outdoor environment and extreme temperatures at times.
- Occasional high levels of dust
- Working on-site at clients home
Certain key business indicators that will measure the effectiveness of this job description. These include the following:
- Timeliness of work
- Customer satisfaction
- Level of demonstrated desire to learn
- Level to which dress code is adhered
- Properly completed paperwork
- Level to which company procedures are adhered
- Number of on time arrivals
- Ability to follow direction
- Level to which safety policy is adhered